What We Do
Anna and Linda can offer a personal, supportive service to you and your child, either in your home or in their educational setting. We can support a range of communication difficulties including:
- Speech sound delays/disorders (pronunciation)
- Comprehension difficulties (understanding of language)
- Expressive difficulties (spoken language)
- Social interaction skills
- Attention and listening
- Selective Mutism
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
Take a look at our quick questions below. If the answer to some of these questions is “yes” then your child may have a communication need:
Click on each category to find out more
Attention and Listening
- Does your child move quickly from one activity to the next?
- Do they have difficulty sitting still?
- Do they struggle to engage in adult-led activities?
- Do they 'drift off' or get distracted easily?
Speech sounds/ pronunciation
- Does your child substitute certain sounds in words for other sounds?
- Do they have difficulty making themselves understood?
- Do they become frustrated when others don’t understand them?
- Does your child have difficulty following instructions?
- Can they read but struggle to understand the story?
- Do they struggle to answer questions?
- Does your child have difficulty getting their message across clearly?
- Are their sentences short or jumbled up?
- Are they missing the vocabulary they need to say what they want to say?
- Does your child get anxious and upset when things change?
- Do they struggle to take turns and form friendships?
- Do they have difficulty keeping a conversation going and knowing the appropriate things to say?
Visit our 'Frequently Asked Questions' page (link below) for answers to some common questions